Story of Ajaero's experience in police custody



 Joe Ajaero, the president of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), has described his experience being held in police prison following his detention in Owerri, Imo State.

Ajaero claimed that because of the beating he endured while in police custody, God had to have taken longer to make him.

Remember how some miscreants interfered with the NLC's demonstration in the capital city of Imo State, Owerri?


The NLC president was in Owerri to organise Imo workers for a massive protest rally in the state over claims that the state government was violating and abusing workers' rights and privileges.

Men from the Nigeria Police Force had to carry Ajaero away due to the violence that broke out during the gathering.

Ajaero claimed in a statement following his release that the police had threatened to haul him into court.
Ajaero states: "If the court issues another order, that's a different matter; if you say interim order, it expires with time. They kept the letter when I informed them that the temporary order would expire in a week or two, and they now threatened to prosecute me.

"You just can't start prosecuting me," I told them, adding that the same court has the authority to file a contempt case.

"I was beaten so badly that I think God took longer to create me than he should have."

Post a Comment

0 Comments